Cinco de Mayo is only a few days away and I know you are going to party like there’s no mañana!! Whether you have invited all your friends over for a great, big tequila-fest or you are a party of one I hope everyone gets a chance to at least have a stellar margarita and maybe a taco or two. Keep scrolling for my favorite Cinco de Mayo party ideas.
If you are planning a great big fiesta, I’ve put together 12 essentials that you must not party without, plus 7 taco recipes that will leave all your amigos thinking you are bien chingona.
So let’s hop to it!
- I’m all about easy decorations and these Amscan Tissue Paper Fans are so bright and colorful.
- You are definitely going to need a cocktail shaker and some decent bar tools. I love this Electro Barware kit because it has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
- If you’re planning for a lot of people margaritas by the pitcher are a must. This Beehive Beverage Server looks dazzling and is an easy way to let people help themselves.
- Classic Mexican music to get the party started.
- Limes will need juicing, like a lot of limes. You’ll want to carry this citrus reamer around in your back pocket.
- A oversized molcajete like this one is perfect for making guacamole for a crowd.
7. Carved from a single rock of Himalayan Salt these shot glasses are specifically made for sipping (or shooting) tequila and mezcal.
8. Weathered blue melamine plates make tacos pop and won’t break when the party gets cray-cray.
9. You can’t have a Cinco de Mayo party without margarita glasses, I mean come on.
10. A taco rack makes serving tacos a cinch.
11. Sophisticated woven placemats for under plates or serving dishes. Durable vinyl-weave linens wipe clean.
12. Impress your friends with handmade tortillas. A tortilla press makes them fairly easy to pull off.
Seven Cinco de Mayo Party-Ready Taco Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links help to support my website and the free recipe content I provide. A percentage of any purchase you make via these links will go towards buying ingredients, photography supplies and server space, as well as all the other expenses involved in providing the content you love. Thank you very much for browsing!
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!