But this year I’m forcing all my guests to play a game after dinner. I’m going to win and it will also be amazing. This year I’m breaking out Foodie Fight Rematch the newest food trivia game from Joyce Lock. Full disclosure, Joyce’s twin daughters and I were besties in junior high and I can tell you from personal experience that this lady is not joking around when it comes to two things.
I remember many a weekend gobbling up all her hors d’oeuvres while attempting to play trivia. She taught me the glories of fancy mustard and that it pays to be smart—there was no cheating in that house.
True or False: A cut avocado half will hold its color and flavor if sealed with cooking spray and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What city launched Twinkies, Cracker Jack, Brach’s candies, and the Baby Ruth and Oh Henry! candy bars?
What percentage of processed food produced in the United States contains genetically modified ingredients—about 15 percent, 35 percent, or 75 percent?
A: About 75 percent
Want more? Well, here’s your chance: Joyce has given me a copy to give away to one lucky (and random) reader. Just leave a comment below answering the following trivia question. You can enter more than once by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and leaving a comment there. I’ll pick one random winner by 11:59pm CST on November 14. The game will be shipped right to your doorstep just in time for the holiday party season.
Here is the question:
What vegetable was reintroduced in a 1945 marketing campaign presenting it as a new fruit called the “jamberry”?
Here’s some spicy salsa to munch on while you’re thinking that one over……
- 1 pound tomatillos (about 10 large)
- 1 small yellow or red onion, sliced in thick slices
- 2 jalapeños, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or comal over medium heat.
- Add the tomatillos, onion, jalapeños, and garlic and dry fry until all the vegetables are nicely charred, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer charred vegetables to a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend on high until puréed and smooth. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Serve immediately with chips or transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g