How do you feel about habaneros? Really, spicy food in general? If you’re reading this blog, I’m assuming you have a bit of a tolerance and might even possibly enjoy a little belly warming heat every so often. Fiery habanero salsa is the way to go.
On a scale of 1 to burn your face off this salsa is around a nose hair singe—it be spicy. Suffice it to say, if you are sensitive, this may not be a recipe for you but I do think no human should go thorough life and most especially a bitterly cold winter without something POW!! Knock your socks off, I mean let’s live a little.
I’ve been hearing rumors that there is a sporting event coming up. Something about a Souper Bowl or is it Super Bowl? Either way it sounds like a speed eating contest for the infirm. I’m not going to try to pretend I know anything about it, but if you plan on watching and gathering with friends, this Fiery Habanero Salsa might be just the way to spice up the partaaay!
- 4 habanero chiles
- 1/2 white onion, cut in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 large tomatillos
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- Heat broiler to high. Place chiles, onion, garlic, and tomatillos on the baking sheet.
- Broil until vegetables are charred on all sides, turning them occasionally and removing vegetables as they cook, about 10 minutes.
- Remove stem and seeds from the habaneros (use gloves if you’re hands are sensitive to heat). Transfer to a blender with remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Besides chips, here are some other things this salsa is good on:
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!