We have a winner!! Congratulations to Shareen! Thank you to everyone who left comments and entered. Stay tuned I have lots more giveaways coming this holiday season!
Soup season is back, and the whole world’s rejoicing!
After three months of crunching on salads I’m yearning for the tenderly cooked vegetables and poached chicken in the perfect bowl of soup.
The real treat of this spicy lime jalapeño chicken soup is its ability to be a satisfying meal but still leave you feeling light on your toes. It has chicken and white cannellini beans for heft but the broth is infused with spice and lime juice; flavors that will hit the spot. And just in case it is still hot where you are (like here, where we are) this soup is still for you. It’s spicy edge will make you sweat in the best possible way.
I’m so thrilled about the return of soup season I’ve got a very special giveaway to share with you so we can celebrate together! Le Creuset has just launched a new collection of Cerise Dutch Ovens with Gold Knobs—and they’re letting me give one to ONE LUCKY WINNER! Not only that, but Simply Organics is also going to throw in 3-4 jars of spices for you to craft this recipe in your very own kitchen!
How To Enter
All you need to do is leave me a comment below telling me what kind of soup or stew recipes you’d like me to post this season and I will select a winner at random next Tuesday, October 4. You can earn more chances to win by following me on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram and leave me a message telling me you have followed. (Sorry–Only open to US residents.) Good Luck!
- 1 pound 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 limes, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 jalapeños, diced (seeds removed if you'd like it less spicy)
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic smoked paprika
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Rub chicken breasts on all sides with the zest of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a large 4½ quart pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes (they won't be cooked through). Add onions, garlic, and jalapeños, and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add spices and remaining salt and cook, stirring until the spices are toasted and fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour. Using tongs, remove chicken breasts to a plate. Using two forks, shred chicken into strips. Return to the pot.
- Add beans, kale, and the juice of 3 limes and cook a few minutes to wilt the kale and warm the beans. Taste and add more lime juice or salt if needed.
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!