What’s your week look like? Ours looks bitterly cold so I’m planning on making all sorts of cozy, comforting food to keep our bellies warm.
I want cozy and comforting but I don’t want so-full-of-fat-and-carbs-that-I-immediatley-fall-asleep (the dark evenings, cold weather, and the whole being a mother thing take care of that).
In other words these ideas are really speaking to me. They are (for the most part) dairy free (and/or) gluten free (and/or) loaded with fresh veggies (and/or) a cocktail, you know….healthy-ish.
I’m loving all these recipes this week…what are you making?
- Loaded Falafel Salad from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Huevos Rancheros with Charred Kale, Tomatoes, and Crispy Garlic Chickpeas from Artful Desparado
- Jacques Pepin’s Slow-Cooked Roast Beef from New York Times
- Asian Garlic Noodles from Damn Delicious
- Crispy Honey Balsamic Chicken Wings from Heather Christo
- Kale and Roasted Red Kuri Squash Salad from A House in the Hills
- Roasted Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili from Good Life Eats
- Creamy Coconut Cashew Spaghetti Squash “Alfredo” with Roasted Cauliflower from Half Baked Harvest
- Garibaldi Cocktail from Honestly YUM
- Southwestern Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet from Host the Toast
Image from Frank Barratt/Keystone / Getty Images