If last week was all about health, then this week’s all about comfort. Many of you saw more snow last week than you’ve probably seen in a very long time. That, and the fact that Donald Trump is still running for president is enough to make anyone hungry for the buttery comfort of carbonara.
Aside from the requisite creamy pasta dish, I’ve included several hefty winter soups: a baked potato soup dressed with bacon and sour cream, a pozole verde cooked with enough chiles to warm you from the inside out, and an Italian meatball soup that is simple enough to make a weeknight appearance.
Of course we couldn’t let a week go by without some chocolate and a cocktail. On that note, The Professor brought home some celery bitters this week which I tried in a gin and tonic (thumbs up) any other ideas?
Sending you warm thoughts!
- Chicken Pozole Verde from La Cocina de Leslie
- Milk Chocolate Cupcakes from I Am Baker
- Italian Wedding Soup from Dinner: A Love Story
- Apple + Grilled Thyme Smash Cocktail from Jojotastic
- Winter Squash Carbonara with Broccoli Rabe and Sage from Half Baked Harvest
- Herbed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from Jeanie and Lulu’s Kitchen
- Breakfast Pot Pie from Tasting Table
- Vegetarian Swedish Meatballs from Joy the Baker
- Cheesy French Toast from I Am A Food Blog
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup from Katie at the Kitchen Door