Helllloooooo from sunny California!
Our house is a maze of boxes, I still don’t know where my “good” deodorant is, and we’ve run out of room nearly everywhere, but we made it!
I have so much I want to share with you and I will, but not today. Today is all about grilling yourselves some pizza for dinner, but fo’ real.
I’m on the Flatout flatbread train again and we are heading outside because it is summer and that is where you need to be. We have been going through the Flatout flatbread like crazy this summer mainly because leftovers + flatbread is an instant dinner and with the move, instant is about all I’ve been able to accomplish. Also peanut butter + banana + Flatout has been the only thing keeping me unpacking boxes and not passing out, but if you do like regular gym workouts it’s good for that too. If you haven’t tried any of their products yet check out this link for where you can find them near you!
One of my favorites is the Artisan Thin Pizza Crust. It comes in three different flavors all of which are great as impressive appetizers or make super easy pizzas in the oven or like I did, on the grill.
Fire that baby up. If you’re using charcoal, spread them in a thin layer on the bottom of your grill. With gas, medium to medium-high heat should do. Grill the oiled and salt and peppered chicken breast until cooked all the way through, about 5 minutes per side. Cover the grill to keep the coals from burning away, you still need them to cook the pizza.
Shred the chicken and toss with a sweet and spicy mixture of honey, chipotle chiles minced with some of their adobo sauce, a little garlic, and oil.
Brush the crusts on both sides with a little oil to make the pizzas nice and crisp and also not stick to the grill. You don’t want to ruin your pizza game.
Now time to TOP! Take some of that spicy sauce you used on the chicken and spread a thin layer on one side of the crust. No wait! First, put the crusts on a flat cookie sheet, this will make it getting to the grill soooooo much easier. Now the sauce, then the chicken, green bell slices, and aged cheddar which is key—the sharper the better.
By now the coals should be at a nice low to medium-low heat. If you are using gas, turn it down a bit and carefully slide the pizzas on the grill using a wide spatula and the cookie sheet or a large pizza peel if you have one and once they start crisping, turn, turn, turn until they are crisped on all sides. They should be firm and not flimsy and the cheese is melted.
I like to pile a fresh salad with quartered cherry tomatoes and avocado slices on top but you could put that on the side too. A generous handful of thinly sliced scallions however, are mandatory!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle en adobo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 14 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Rustic White Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces grated sharp white Cheddar cheese
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Combine garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chipotle, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts all over with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken breasts on the grill until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove and shred chicken with two forks. Toss shredded chicken with 2 tablespoons of the chipotle mixture.
- Lightly brush crusts with remaining teaspoon of oil on both sides. Divide remaining chipotle mixture between the crusts and spread in a thin layer. Top with chicken, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Carefully transfer pizzas to the grill and cook until crusts are golden and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Watch carefully and move around as needed to prevent crusts from burning.
- Enjoy with a green salad tossed with cherry tomatoes, scallions, and sliced avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 782mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g