Cara cara oranges are becoming hard to come by, but if you can still find them I urge you to make this salad before you have to wait another year for them to return. This salad is sweet, smoky, chewy and incredibly satisfying.
And because I know with Passover and Easter coming up some major menu planning is going down this weekend and I wanted all of you to make this salad for your holiday meals. It is a solid main course salad but also would make a kick-ass side for ham, brisket, or whatever else you’ve got going on. Not to mention if you’ve been tasked to bring a salad to the meal, you won’t find one that is easier to transport. Just bring the dressing (can you call two ingredients mixed together a dressing? I say, Yes!) in a separate container and drizzle it over the salad right before you eat.
Hope you all have excellent weekends. Happy Planning! xoPrint
Kale, Cara Cara Orange, and Smoked Almond Salad
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 cups torn kale
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, ends removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 cara cara orange, segmented and segments cut in half horizontally
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin strips
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup canned garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine kale, scallions, radishes, mixed greens, oranges, carrots, and bell pepper strips in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle almonds and garbanzo beans over the top.
- Mix balsamic and olive oil together and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.