It looks like you spent a millennium getting that stuffing in there just so, but really it takes about 5 minutes and the pale green hue of the pistachios and the peachy apricots create a stunning mosaic once sliced that will have everyone calling you Martha before the night is over.
If you do have more than 5 minutes you can even make slits along the outside of the roast and stuff whole pistachios inside for an even more jaw-dropping affect.
Pistachio and Apricot Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
A stunning roast pork loin recipe stuffed with pistachios and dried apricots. Dairy and gluten free!
To stuff outside with pistachios: reserve 3 tablespoons whole pistachios before chopping. Make as many slits as you have pistachios all around the outside of the pork before butterflying. Stuff pistachios into slits, then proceed with recipe.
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pound center-cut pork loin roast
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine apricots, pistachios, honey, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Horizontally slice pork loin halfway down its side, leaving about 1/2-inch border on the other side (don’t cut all the way through) and butterfly the roast open. Using your palm press both sides down to make them as flat as possible. Season open side generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread filling over pork, leaving an inch border on all sides. Starting on one long end, roll pork up and tie with 3 or 4 pieces of kitchen twine. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, add pork and cook, undisturbed, until caramel colored, about 5 minutes. Repeat on all sides, then transfer to oven.
- Roast until internal temperature is about 140°F, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Remove kitchen twine, slice into 1-inch thick slices and serve.