This Shrimp and Melon Ceviche Tostadas post has been sponsored by Canada Dry®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Who is ready to celebrate spring?!! Admittedly we’re living the dream here in Southern California but even though the weather hardly changes, the produce certainly does and I can’t wait to dive into all the asparagus, Meyer lemons, and melons.
At first smell of the fragrant melons at my local Ralph’s I got an insatiable urge to throw a little backyard staycation to celebrate. I began wandering around looking for other goodies and in-between the fresh shrimp and tostada shells I stumbled upon Canada Dry’s newest flavor combination, the NEW Ginger Ale + Lemonade. Ooolala, my fiesta just got a whole lot better. I got everything I needed for my at-home soiree and immediately texted some friends to come over that afternoon to, sit in the sun, eat some snacks, and sip some Canada Dry with me.
For nibbles I settled on an easy warm weather favorite, shrimp ceviche, but decided to toss in the delicious, ripe melon I had picked up as well as some diced fresh tomatillos for crunch and thinly sliced serrano chiles for heat. Ceviche is my appetizer of choice when it comes to get-togethers because I can make it in advance (it actually NEEDS to be made in advance to soak up all the lime juice and other flavors) and then set it out with the tostada shells and everyone can help themselves.
By the way, this NEW Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Lemonade is really good! Super refreshing with just the perfect balance of ginger and lemon. It has become my beverage of choice when I need a little afternoon pick me up or to sip at the beach. Next time you’re shopping online at Ralph’s or in-store at any Kroger location, definitely add it to your shopping list.
Entertaining this way is relaxing and carefree and basically the way entertaining should be. Gather together with friends, in the comfort of your own backyard, with a fancy ceviche snack (that actually only took 20 minutes to make) and some fizzy sodas. The rest is pure fun in the sun.
- 1 pound small shrimp (about 70 count), peeled
- 1 1/2 cups diced ripe melon (use whatever is most fragrant and lovely: cantaloupe, honey dew, or Gaila melon would all be good)
- 2/3 cup diced tomatillos (about 3 tomatillos)
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tostada shells, for serving
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt and the shrimp. Cook until shrimp are just pink, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- Stir once more and taste to see if it needs more lime juice or salt. Serve on tostada shells and enjoy!
Enter To Win!
Want to win some neat Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Lemonade swag? Enter here to win! Prizes include: a corn hole set, a BBQ set, a bicycle, Adirondack chairs, thermoses and glassware sets.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What are you up to this Spring Break? Relaxing at home? Traveling to someplace wonderful? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Want to be the first to know get exclusive ¡Hola! Jalapeño content? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter.
Loving the blog? If you try a recipe I encourage you to use the hashtag #HOLAJALAPENO to show us what your making. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to see not only all of my latest recipes, cooking tips, and tricks but everyone else that’s making our Latin-inspired recipes too! You might even meet a new cooking buddy.