It’s peak growing season so there’s no better time than now to kick-off my new weekly round-up of the best ways to use all that beautiful, seasonal produce. Every Wednesday I’ll highlight an ingredient that is at it’s freshest, most flavorful best and share some recipes from my favorite blogs.
This week we are highlighting something I am currently up to my ears in: Garden Lettuce. Whether it’s your garden or CSA box that’s overflowing, a glut of garden lettuce can leave us looking for inspiration beyond the salad bowl. Here are the top 10 ideas I found this week on the web:
1. Who says you can’t have lettuce for breakfast? I would every morning if it was on top of this sandwich.
2. Like a party in a bowl—pass the Sriracha please.
3. Warm, sticky balsamic onions are basically good with anything.
4. This one is about foraged lettuce, but greens “foraged” out of your garden would be just as good.
5. The most beautiful taco pizza I’ve ever seen.
6. A classic you will be making again, and again.
7. Several ideas for turning your lettuce into a sandwich.
8. More of a wintery mix but since I continue to have tons of radishes it still applies.
9. This one I’ll be making for breakfast then tucking into some naan for lunch.
10. For when you’re not in the mood to turn light up the stove.