What are your tricks and short cuts? Leave a comment below….I’d love to know!
This recipe first appeared on The Latin Kitchen.
If you don't have a waffle iron you can certainly make it in a frying pan, just make sure you are pressing it down with another smaller pan or a plate as it cooks. I would also spread a little butter on the outside of the roll so it doesn't stick to the pan and you get the same level of toastiness as you would in the waffle iron.
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons green salsa
- 1 large bolillo or other soft roll
- 2 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- 3 thin slices onion
- Heat a waffle iron. Combine chicken and salsa in a small bowl.
- Slice bolillo in half and spread chicken mixture on one side. Crumble goat cheese over chicken then top with onion slices. Place other half of the bolillo on top.
- Place in the hot waffle iron and press gently to close. Holding the waffle iron closed, let toast for about 5 minutes or until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted. Let sit for a minute or two before eating.