Well, hello there. Apologies for missing last week’s Sunday menu planning ritual (aka 10 Recipes To Try). I’m sure you were just fine and figured out something to eat, but man—what a crazy month we’ve had!
We were in San Francisco, and then our car broke down, so we got stuck there for a bit and hightailed it up to my uncle’s place in Napa Valley. Really can’t imagine a better place to be stranded. That extra little stint in Napa gave us time to check out La Calenda, Thomas Keller’s new Mexican restaurant in Yountville (shrimp tostada pictured above). I was a bit skeptical, but pleasantly surprised. Everything was delicious, sophisticated, and authentically Mexican, without being cliché. The black beans had a lot of lard and they were amazing.
We have now made our way to Dallas where we’ve been soaking up the summer sun, enjoying time with family, and eating all the paletas and ice cream we can find. Read on to see this week’s 10 Recipes To Try with lots of summer inspiration in the form of peaches, basil, ceviche, and watermelon. If you’d like a nice, fruity cocktail to sip with your dinner this week, check out my newest recipe for Strawberry Hibiscus Palomas. Fresh grapefruit juice, tequila, hibiscus syrup, lots and lots of ice—essential summer stuff.
Have a great week everyone!
- Taco-Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms from Fox and Briar
- Mediterranean Lamb Bowls from Cosette’s Kitchen
- Kale Summer Salad with Peach Jalapeño Dressing from Heather Christo
- Spicy Taco Seasoning from Good Life Eats
- Sweet Thai Basil Chicken from Half Baked Harvest
- Salsa Doña from The Faux Martha
- Filipino BBQ Marinade from Rezel Kealoha
- Salmon and Peach Ceviche with Yellow Beet-Lime Marinade from Life, Limon, Y Sal
- Grilled Filet and Potato Skewers with Rosemary Chimichurri from How Sweet Eats
- Watermelon Salad from Piloncillo Y Vainilla