Ahh Sunday. How beautiful. It’s supposed to be 80°F here today and I’m so looking forward to a nice warm day. I hope you are enjoying yours as well.
This kids and dogs and I have done tons of hiking this past week. We’ve gone almost every day. Some long, some short, most that involve splashing in water and getting muddy. I love the AllTrails app . It has over 60,000 trails and will give you driving directions on how to get to each one wherever you are, plus you can filter the trails for things like; dog-friendly or near water. We’ve experienced the Super Bloom and it was amazing.
I’ve had nothing but gardening on the mind since it has started to warm up. This year will be the first year I plant a real garden since we moved from North Dakota and I’m so excited to have food to eat right out my back door. Makes a place really feel like a home, don’t you think?
Due to our puppy situation, I’m going to plant in fabric pots that are too tall for them to dig around in—until they grow to be responsible adults that is. Have you ever tried them? They are essentially a raised bed, but portable, lightweight, and super healthy for plants.
In kitchen news; the kids are on Spring Break this week which means dinner gets to be a bit more laid back and relaxed. I’ve included a fun snack and some easy baking projects in the list below, if you are also on a kinda slow train. But, as usual, plenty of healthy, fast options too. There’s just so much good stuff out there. I’m always inspired by what these super creative foodies are up to. What about you? Share with me what you’re making by tagging @holajalapeno or use #10RecipesToTry if you make something from the list!
Have a wonderful week!
- Cuban-Style Shredded Chicken from A Sassy Spoon
- Easy Vegetable Udon Noodle Soup from Le Petit Eats
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups from Olive and Mango
- Chipotle Roasted Cauliflower Tacos from Piloncillo Y Vanilla
- Shredded Red Wine Beef Ragu and Pappardelle Pasta from Prickly Fresh
- Chicken Carnita Burrito Bowls from Isabel Eats
- Candied Vegetable Popcorn Mix from It’s a Veg World After All
- Vegan Beer Bread from Thyme & Love
- Healthy Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs from Plays Well With Butter
- Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!
leave a reply