Hey! It’s Sunday, and even better, you don’t have to work tomorrow!
They say summer starts tomorrow but as far as I’m concerned it started last Wednesday when my kids finished up their school year, and none too soon because guess what?!! We’re moving back to California!!!! (!!!!) (Extra exclamation points, can you tell I’m excited?)
This picture is what I’m going to be like on the beach. “Get your own damn Sprite, kid.”
I’m going to try my best to keep up with new recipes during the move but don’t be concerned if I drop off the face of the earth for a couple of weeks. I’ll be back, in a new kitchen, with new recipes just as soon as we can unpack some boxes and find my knives. You can also follow along with all the excitement over on Snapchat (follow me @holajalapeno) or on Instagram (follow me @holajalapeno—wait, did I just say that?)
In the meantime, here’s 10 new recipes to make your next week extra delicious. Some of them are a bit more involved, but you have tomorrow off so maybe you can spend an extra minute or two in the kitchen. By the way, what are you doing tomorrow? I’ll be here, packing boxes if you need me.
Have a great week!!! xoxoxo, Kate
1. French rolls drenched in chile sauce and stuffed with potatoes and cheese make an incredible Potato Pambazo from La Cocina de Leslie
2. Maybe try this one out tomorrow. It’s like a Tom Collins but with St. Germaine and violet liqueur, oo la la. Fleur Collins Cocktail from Hungry Girl Por Vida
3. Chicken Marinated in Ancho Chile from Mexican Food Memories is happening for dinner this week, for sure!
4. The texture of this salad alone makes my mouth water. Celery Salad with Hazelnuts, Dates, and Pecorino from Mom’s Kitchen Handbook
5. I hear this goes great with ribs. Roasted Corn Salad with Cilantro Pepita Dressing from Kale & Caramel
6. If extra comfort is necessary this week. Chicken and Spring Vegetable Lasagna from I Am A Food Blog
7. I never tire of a good baked oatmeal. Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal from Love and Lemons
8. Or biscuits. Ramp, Bacon, and Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits from Katie at the Kitchen Door
9. Vegan Banana Cream Pie from Minimalist Baker means I can make my favorite pie and share it with my lactose-intolerant loved ones! Me + an entire pie never ends well.
10. Chilaquiles with Beef Chorizo and Spicy Chipotle Crema from Lola’s Cocina is a must for lazy breakfasts, also chilaquiles dinner is pretty amazing.
leave a reply