It feels good to make a plan. And since there’s very little we can plan for at this point, a meal plan feels very, very good.
I’ve enjoyed this weekly moment of control when I can figure out all our meals, taking into consideration what we already have, what I will need to go out and buy, and if it’s even worth it.
Now that we are all home together during the day, we’ve been eating our largest meal for lunch. It feels very chic and European. It’s like I’m on vacation in a faraway Spanish village, where afterward I get to take a two-hour siesta (although that part rarely happens). The best part is come dinner time, when I’m tired and never feel like cooking, I don’t! We eat leftovers or snack on whatever or Armando makes something. It’s been the best part of quarantine yet!
Last week I made these delightful crispy salmon patties (pictured above). They were from a previous #10RecipesToTry that I had never gotten around to making. With a salad and baked sweet potato fries there was not a morsel left. I highly recommend turning a can of salmon into patties as soon as you get a chance.
This week I also posted my Ultimate Mexican Pantry Guide. Since stocking our kitchens has been such a focus, I wanted to give you all a peek at what yours should look like if you love to cook Mexican food as much as I do!
I hope this note finds you healthy and safe. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with anything you might need. Enjoy this week’s meal plan and don’t forget to show me what you’re cooking by tagging @holajalapeno and #holajalapeno on Instagram!
- Spicy Chicken and Pinto Bean Stew from The Candid Appetite
- Thai Turkey Meatballs in Coconut Red Curry Sauce from Foodiecrush
- Black Bean Enfrijoladas from Salt and Wind
- Clementine Mezcal Margarita from Le Petit Eats
- Easy Steak Bites from The Almond Eater
- One Pan Tomato and Onion Pasta from Piloncillo y Vainilla
- Carne Asada Tacos from Isabel Eats
- Easy Salmon Burger From Savory Spin
- Chinese Sesame Noodles with Veggies from Feasting At Home
- Slow Cooker Bahn Mi Sandwich from Kitchen Confidante