- Preheat oven
- Grease a baking dish
- Make a bunch of layers
- Wait 45 minutes for it to bake
how to make sausage and mushroom lasagnette
We’ve gone over what you don’t need to do. Now how about what you do need to do:
- Brown sausage and mushrooms in a large frying pan.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, and chili flakes and cook until tomatoes burst and form a sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to salted, boiling water and cook until al dente.
what type of pasta to use for this lasagnette?
My personal favorite are dry lasagna noodles with the crinkly edge broken in half (as best you can) lengthwise.
Lasagna noodles are glorious hefty things. Not really twistable with a fork, but thick, with a terrific chew that soak up lots of sauce.
Fresh pasta is often used to make traditional lasagna, but I don’t suggest it in this dish. It’s a bit too delicate to stand up to the browned sausage and mushrooms.
Any wide, long pasta would also work. Some of my other favorites would be:
more pasta recipes you might enjoy!
- Green Chile Mac + Cheese with Chive Breadcrumbs
- Pasta with Pistachios and Mint
- Spaghetti with Double Pork Ragu
- Linguine with Sausage and Fresh Tomatoes
- Penne with Tomato-Mushroom Sauce
- Rigatoni with Walnut Pesto, Sausage, and Green Beans
- Green Chile Mexican Lasagna
A Perfectly Easy Lasagnette Recipe
Not to brag, but I really feel this is the answer to satisfying those lasagna cravings with a quickness. Try the recipe, and let me know how you like it, OK? Share a photo and tag me on Instagram using @holajalapeno and #holajalapeno or leave me a comment below!
In support of this small business, ¡Hola! Jalapeño earns revenue in a few different ways. Several sponsored posts are published each month. I also earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products I link to— there are a few of those links in this post. I only feature items I genuinely love and personally use on a regular basis. This commission is an arrangement between the retailer and ¡Hola! Jalapeño (readers never pay more for products). This income allows me to run the site. Thank you for reading!