- Preheat oven
- Grease a baking dish
- Make a bunch of layers
- Wait 45 minutes for it to bake
how to make sausage and mushroom lasagnette
We’ve gone over what you don’t need to do. Now how about what you do need to do:
- Brown sausage and mushrooms in a large frying pan.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, and chili flakes and cook until tomatoes burst and form a sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to salted, boiling water and cook until al dente.
what type of pasta to use for this lasagnette?
My personal favorite are dry lasagna noodles with the crinkly edge broken in half (as best you can) lengthwise.
Lasagna noodles are glorious hefty things. Not really twistable with a fork, but thick, with a terrific chew that soak up lots of sauce.
Fresh pasta is often used to make traditional lasagna, but I don’t suggest it in this dish. It’s a bit too delicate to stand up to the browned sausage and mushrooms.
Any wide, long pasta would also work. Some of my other favorites would be:
more pasta recipes you might enjoy!
- Green Chile Mac + Cheese with Chive Breadcrumbs
- Pasta with Pistachios and Mint
- Spaghetti with Double Pork Ragu
- Linguine with Sausage and Fresh Tomatoes
- Penne with Tomato-Mushroom Sauce
- Rigatoni with Walnut Pesto, Sausage, and Green Beans
- Green Chile Mexican Lasagna
A Perfectly Easy Lasagnette Recipe
Not to brag, but I really feel this is the answer to satisfying those lasagna cravings with a quickness. Try the recipe, and let me know how you like it, OK? Share a photo and tag me on Instagram using @holajalapeno and #holajalapeno or leave me a comment below!
- 1 pound lasagnette pasta or dried lasagna noodles broken in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces spicy Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces crimini or button mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add sausage and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned. Add tomatoes and garlic and season with salt. Continue cooking until most of the tomatoes have browned and burst open. Add broth and chile flakes; simmer until reduced slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and return noodles to pot along with sausage mixture. Toss gently to coat adding additional salt as desired; serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
In support of this small business, ¡Hola! Jalapeño earns revenue in a few different ways. Several sponsored posts are published each month. I also earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products I link to— there are a few of those links in this post. I only feature items I genuinely love and personally use on a regular basis. This commission is an arrangement between the retailer and ¡Hola! Jalapeño (readers never pay more for products). This income allows me to run the site. Thank you for reading!