Thank you to José Olé for sponsoring this Mexican Appetizer Board post.
The theme of this summer is: Effortless.
Yes, to having friends over, but no, to sweating over a hot stove all day. It’s my party and I’m going to have fun if I want to! Which I totally, absolutely, 100% do.
So what’s the answer? Creating a jaw-dropping, gorgeous Mexican appetizer board using José Olé’s delicious Mini Tacos, Beef and Cheese Chimichangas, and Chicken and Cheese Taquitos as the main focus. All José Olé’s products are made with the best ingredients, so they taste just like homemade! They also make any appetizer board feel like a real meal, and offer plenty of selection so there’s something for everyone at the party.
Mexican Appetizer Board Essentials
There are four basics every appetizer board needs:
- Some crunchy carbs for dipping. For this board I choose a selection of chips and some crispy okra. Always think about color and texture when making your selections, you want a good variety.
- Dip! Everyone loves dip. You can make your own, like I did, or buy your favorites. This board features my creamy White Bean Dip and fresh Tomatillo Pico de Gallo.
- Something substantial, this is where José Olé’s frozen Mexican appetizers come in.
- Something fresh. Fill in the gaps in your board with lots of fresh vegetables. Again think color and variety and most importantly, what’s in season for maximum flavor.
How to Assemble the Board
I like to stock up on extra-large trays to use as serving platters. I also have a variety of food-safe wooden pieces, like the one pictured, to use when I’m serving tons of people or just have a large variety of foods on my board. A large, wooden cutting board works great too.
Not everything needs to be on a separate plate or bowl either. Arrange something in small dishes and stack others directly on the board to make it visually appealing.
A Word On the Dip
The dips are essential as they tie everything together. If you love guacamole, then make (or buy) that instead of the bean dip and tomatillo salsa featured here. Just keep in mind it’s always nice to have something creamy or pureed as well as something bright and colorful. You can also make a hot dip too if you’re feeling extra fancy.
When to Serve An Appetizer Board
I can think of a million and one opportunities to serve this board, but off the top of my head, this board would be perfect for:
- Graduation Parties
- Father’s Day
- 4th of July
- Summer Birthdays
- Sunday Backyard Barbecues
Just make sure to stock up on a selection of José Olé Frozen Mexican Appetizers and you’ll always be ready!
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!
leave a reply