Halloween is right around the corner and you might be thinking of gathering with friends for a little trick-or-treat bash. I partnered up with Torani Syrups for a fun horchata bar idea that is a hit with both ghouls and goblins.
Everyone gets to “Pick Their Poison” if you will, adding a shot of their favorite flavor to a homemade horchata base. For adults I like to stock the bar with some dark rum as well—adults can handle a little actual poison every once in a while.
As far as the syrups go, Torani has so many to choose from, and sugar-free ones too if you’ve got some health conscious folks in your midst. For Halloween I like to stock my horchata bar with fall flavors. Some of my favorites include:
Have a fun and safe Halloween everyone!!
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, like jasmine
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups rice milk
- Your favorite Torani Syrup (I like to choose fall flavors like Brown Sugar Cinnamon, Buttered Rum, and Salted Caramel)
- Dark Rum, optional
- cinnamon sticks, optional
- Combine almonds and rice in a blender. Add boiling water and let sit 15 minutes.
- Cover loosely with a paper towel and blend on high 1 minute, or until smooth. Strain into a pitcher and stir in rice milk. Chill until cold.
- To serve, place bottles of syrup, horchata, glasses, ice, rum (if using), and cinnamon sticks on the bar.
- Let your guests make their own horchata flavor by filling a glass with ice, filling with horchata, and adding a shot (about 1 tablespoon) of syrup and a shot of rum (for adults), stir to combine with a cinnamon stick.
P.S. Torani is offering 10% off and free shipping for ¡Hola! Jalapeño readers! Sign-up for their newsletter to get your discount!
P.P.S. Other fun Halloween Party Recipes
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!
And Lastly, this post was not sponsored by Torani Syrups, but I’m partnering with them on other projects. Thank you for supporting the brands that support ¡Hola! Jalapeño.