Having a newborn is exhausting. You’d think I would’ve remembered that from the last time I had a baby, but having children gives you a certain form of amnesia. That being said, I haven’t spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Last week’s dinners consisted of a doctored can of black beans and rice, waffles, and quesadillas. Not really blog-worthy material.
The week before last I did forgo my nap to make an actual meal—roast chicken with potatoes and some really delicious roasted cauliflower that I watched Martha Stewart make with the guys from The Meatball Shop.
Roasted cauliflower is fantastic food in and of itself but this version is especially tempting with a sweetness and tang from pickled cherry peppers, vibrant mint and crunch from garlicky bread crumbs.
Roasted Cauliflower with Cherry Peppers and Garlic Breadcrumbs Recipe
Adapted from The Meatball Shop Cookbook
For the Breadcrumbs:
- 4 (1/2-inch) slices of thick, country-style bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 4 sweet, pickled cherry peppers, seeds removed and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon of the pickle juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Toss bread with the oil and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until toasted and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 475°F. Toss cauliflower with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the upper third of the oven until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the mint, cherry peppers and juice right onto the baking sheet. Toss it all together and transfer to a serving platter. Crush the croutons into smaller pieces and sprinkle over the cauliflower; serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
leave a reply