Having a newborn is exhausting. You’d think I would’ve remembered that from the last time I had a baby, but having children gives you a certain form of amnesia. That being said, I haven’t spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Last week’s dinners consisted of a doctored can of black beans and rice, waffles, and quesadillas. Not really blog-worthy material.
The week before last I did forgo my nap to make an actual meal—roast chicken with potatoes and some really delicious roasted cauliflower that I watched Martha Stewart make with the guys from The Meatball Shop.
Roasted cauliflower is fantastic food in and of itself but this version is especially tempting with a sweetness and tang from pickled cherry peppers, vibrant mint and crunch from garlicky bread crumbs.Print
Roasted Cauliflower with Cherry Peppers and Garlic Breadcrumbs Recipe
Adapted from The Meatball Shop Cookbook
- Yield: 4 1x
For the Breadcrumbs:
- 4 (1/2-inch) slices of thick, country-style bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 4 sweet, pickled cherry peppers, seeds removed and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon of the pickle juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Toss bread with the oil and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until toasted and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 475°F. Toss cauliflower with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the upper third of the oven until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the mint, cherry peppers and juice right onto the baking sheet. Toss it all together and transfer to a serving platter. Crush the croutons into smaller pieces and sprinkle over the cauliflower; serve.