Did I just turn you off at the word roast? I certainly hope not, I don’t like to be a turn off.
I know, I know. It’s summer. It’s hot. No one wants to turn their ovens on. I hear you.
Here’s another thing that happens in the summer. You spend all day outside, swimming, splashing, building sandcastles and by the time you get home you are starving, covered in sand, and wish you’d invested in that personal chef service you’ve always dreamed about.
That’s when this simple, simple roast chicken recipes rushes in to save the day. No lighting up the grill and waiting for the charcoal to heat up, then cool down (although if you have a gas grill it would probably be a hell of a good idea) just flip the oven on, whip the marinade together and drop the chicken in.
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8-10 chicken pieces (you can use 1 whole chicken cut into 10 pieces, or 8-10 breasts, thighs, drumsticks, or a combination)
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large shallow container. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat oven to 400°F and remove chicken from refrigerator to come to room temperature while oven is heating.
- Remove chicken from marinade and let excess drip off. Place pieces well apart on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the lower third of the oven for 40-45 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g