Hey There! How’s everyone this fine Sunday?
We are wrapping up a Spring Break that included three colds and a flu so next week when everyone is back in school and healthy is looking mighty fine. Not to mention Wednesday is my BIRTHDAY!!!!
I found the ultimate Kate-centric birthday cake to add to this week’s list. It is a lemon cake with fresh blueberries and CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!! I’m almost positive that Molly made this cake just for me. I don’t have confirmation on that yet, but it has GOT to be true. I will most certainly be carving out the time to bake myself this beautiful cake, so stay tuned to my Instagram stories for all the details, plus lots more birthday fun. Anyone else celebrating a birthday? I know there’s lots of April babies out there. Leave me a comment and let me know!
If we must eat something else this week besides birthday cake, then I’ve found lots of good options from my favorite foodies, especially if you are observing Lent. And don’t forget if you make any of the recipes, make sure to share it with me by using #10RecipesToTry.
- Pastina for Grown-Ups (and I think my kid’s would love it too) from Katie at the Kitchen Door
- Fideo Con Camaron from La Piña en la Cocina
- Fruit Salad with Maple Dressing from Floating Kitchen
- Best Ever Braised Lamb Shanks from A Tasty Mess
- Grilled Alaska Halibut Tacos from Hungry Food Love
- Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Yes to Yolks
- Easy Chai from Mom’s Kitchen Handbook
- Roasted Broccoli with Olives and Garlic from A Modest Feast
- Citrus-Marinated Carne Asada Tacos from Sweet Life Bake
- Rosemary-Grapefruit Moscow Mule from Vanilla and Bean
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!