I write to you this Sunday morning from Seattle. It’s drizzly, it’s chilly, it’s wonderful.
I’m here searching out some serious Latin food inspiration from some truly unique spots. The diversity in the restaurant scene here is real. So far we’ve visited the only Columbian restaurant in all of Washington, Oregon, or Vancouver BC. A modern cocktail lounge serving Latin-inspired small plates with American touches (right up my alley), and a Venezuelan restaurant where I tried a whole boatload of things I’ve never had before! So, so fun. You can follow along on my IG Stories (I’m also saving everything in my Highlights in case you missed any of the action).
I also got to make a quick stop at Pike Place Market where I snapped the shot above of fresh cranberries for sale and bought Armando’s favorite Calabrian chili flakes and a few tins of Spanish sardines for Hiro’s stocking at DeLaurenti. I just love that place.
I fly home later today and then it’s back to the holiday hustle. Not to worry however, because at least we’ve got dinner covered. I’ve found 10 new recipes that will keep those engines running during this hectic time of year.
We’ve got a few Mexican food recipes and a sprinkling of other ideas from some of my favorite blogs as well as the recipe for the margarita Aida and I made at our Tamale Workshop last month—seriously worth making.
There’s a Christmas cookie recipe too, because I just couldn’t resit so dig in!
- Charred Citrus Margarita Cocktail from Salt & Wind
- Lemon Rosemary Rice and Quinoa from Always Order Dessert
- Crockpot Lentil Soup from Isabel Eats
- Thai Chicken Wings from The Cookie Rookie
- Spicy Rigatoni with Eggplant and Meatballs from Heather Christo
- Easy Brisket and Stout Barbacoa from Life, Limon, Y Sal
- Coquito Sugar Cookies from A Sassy Spoon
- Easy Baked Salmon in Foil from Healthy Seasonal Eats
- Garlic Ancho Chicken from Piña en la Cocina
- Chicken Satay with Easy Thai Peanut Sauce from Chili Pepper Madness