The key to really good pasta salad is to not overcook the pasta. You want it to still be a little stiff when you drain it, that way it will soak up all the dressing, without becoming soggy or falling apart.Print
Ham and Broccoli Pasta Salad with Creamy Yogurt Dressing Recipe
Smoky ham and fresh broccoli make a healthy and hearty pasta salad recipe all tossed in a creamy yogurt dressing. Adapted from Eating Well
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, medium diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced or 1/2 medium red onion, small diced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook about 7-8 minutes. Add broccoli florets and cook about 2 minutes more. Drain well and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Place in a large bowl, add ham, bell pepper, onion, and spinach and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt, rosemary, and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over pasta salad and stir until well coated. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!