With so much tragedy striking our world lately I have felt more compelled than ever to discover and cherish the joy in my life and I derive an incredible amount of joy from cooking. Especially terrificly simple pasta dishes such as this one. How could something so easy, be so delicious? I don’t know, but I love that it is and that makes me happy.
Pasta with Mint, Capers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
A quick, weeknight pasta recipe with the flavors of Sicily; sun-dried tomatoes, mint, capers, and currants.
- 1 pound dried short pasta (fusilli, penne, rigatoni)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup currants
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile toss remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Transfer pasta to the bowl and toss, adding 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and a little more olive oil if too dry. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add remaining 1/4 cup of cooking water if still too dry. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
leave a reply