If you need some inspiration this succulent pork loin is a good place to start. A bone-in pork loin will provide the most flavor and extra insurance that it won’t be dry, but if a boneless roast is the only one available that will work too. Keep in mind, a boneless roast will cook much faster, maybe 15 to 20 minutes less than a bone-in.
I like to do the whole shebang in a large roasting pan and toss it right on the stove top (taking up two burners on one side) to brown the meat and make the sauce. I went for years without a roasting pan and used a sturdy baking sheet, but the narrow lip of the baking sheet makes keeping the sauce contained very tricky.
- 4 pound bone-in pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds root vegetables, peeled and halved lengthwise if large
- 1 pound onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Generously season roast on all sides with salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking. Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, add roast and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes a side. Once browned on all sides add vegetables, rosemary leaves, and remaining oil. Season vegetables generously with salt and pepper and toss coat.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast, tossing vegetables occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 145°F, about an hour. Transfer pork to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Remove vegetables to a serving tray and cover with foil.
- While pork is resting, return pan to stove and place over medium-high heat. Add wine, and cook, scraping up any browned bits until syrupy. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly, about 1 minute. Gradually add 1 cup of water, whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Add mustard and season with salt and pepper. Slice pork and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 64g