It also keeps very nicely in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just press a piece of parchment or waxed paper onto the surface and cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating. Give a stir before using as it has a tendency to separate.
- 4 cups powdered sugar (1 1-pound box)
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed, stopping to scrape down the bowl, until glossy and stiff, about 5 minutes.
- This is a good consistency for piping; if spreading the frosting, thin with more lemon juice (a teaspoon at a time) until desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 0g