This simple dish is an homage to Morocco’s sentinel spice baskets. Laden with chili, cumin, and coriander humble eggplant is transformed into a coy side dish. Serve alongside grilled meats or tucked inside a sandwich with some arugula and goat cheese.Print
Grilled Moroccan Eggplant Recipe
Thick slices of eggplant marinated in Moroccan spices and lemon and then grilled. Dairy and gluten free!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Remove stem from eggplant and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a dish large enough to hold the eggplant, combine remaining ingredients, add eggplant and toss until well coated. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat and grill eggplant until lightly charred on both sides and tender.