Welcome to the Thanksgiving Edition of #10RecipesToTry!!
This is my most favoritest week of the whole year where every bit of life revolves around cooking and eating and drinking and friends and family and all the things that I love.
I thought instead of the normal rundown of easy weeknight dinners and the occasional cocktail or dessert, I’d dedicate this week’s list of recipes to my Thanksgiving menu.
To this list I will probably add a few more things, depending on time and what my energy level allows. This year I’m making two meat entrees as Armando and the children declared they do not like turkey, but I still do. I’m going to try to win them over by making turkey confit—I mean who can resist that?! But will also oblige by making game hens just in case.
Other recipes on my wish list include: a sweet potato dish and I should probably add some other vegetable besides green beans in cream with fried onions on top. Armando has requested a big bowl of pomegranate seeds—simple enough. Other additions might include a cocktail, grazing board, dairy-free dessert, and/or a salad.
I’d love to see your menus too. Leave them for me in the comment section below.
If you’re looking for Mexican food recipes, don’t worry, they’ll be back next week! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. In this season of gratitude, please know that I am always grateful to have you here cooking with me.
- Grilled Cornish Hens with Salsa Verde from Andrew Zimmern for Food and Wine (I’m going to add some wood chips to the grill to get a bit of a smoky flavor).
- Brined Roasted Turkey Breast with Confit Legs from Suzanne Goin for Bon Appétit (will try the whole bird confit, not just the legs)
- Whiskey Cream Gravy from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
- Mole Coloradito from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Spanish Chorizo and Poblanos from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
- Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole from Aida Mollenkamp
- The Best Cornbread Stuffing from The Crepes of Wrath (To which I may or may not add the dried cherries but of which I will definitely be substituting vegan butter and plant-based milk)
- Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce from Pioneer Woman (will add whole pomegranate seeds too)
- Spiced Cider Custard Pie from Erin McDowell for Better Homes & Gardens
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie from Gimme Some Oven
leave a reply