Congrats on finding yourself here on this most special of days!! Today marks the beginning of MARGARITA WEEK!!!! I’m going to give you a moment to pull yourself together, grab a bottle of tequila, and some limes.
Great, we ready? Cause this is about to get real.
What is Margarita Week?
Margarita Week is always a good time because we take seven whole days to celebrate the world’s most perfect cocktail in all it’s glory, all in the name of Cinco de Mayo. If you are about to click away because you don’t drink or had a bad tequila experience as a teenager well just hold on a minute because Margarita Week isn’t just cocktails.
We have recipes for margarita-inspired desserts, nibbles, and non-alcoholic drinks too! Every year I gather all my foodie friends and bring you so many variations on the theme you will never think of margaritas the same again. This year, as a matter of fact, we have more than 100 recipes thanks to our collaboration with all the creative community of The FeedFeed!! So keep visiting my brand new Margarita Week page for all the newest additions.
This being the third annual Margarita Week, I’ve not only got boat loads of recipes but THREE TIMES the fun going on.
New For Margarita Week This Year:
1. A brand spanking new Spicy Raspberry Jalapeño Margarita recipe (we’ll talk about that more in a minute)
2. An Awesome Giveaway
One luck winner will win everything you need to make the above mentioned Spicy Raspberry Jalapeño Margarita recipe….well almost, minus the raspberries, jalapeños, and tequila, oh and limes. But here’s what you WILL get:
- A set of 4 classic Margarita Glasses (pictured)
- Cocktail Salts from The Spanish Tin (pictured)
- Organic Agave Syrup from Azuñia Tequila
- These most adorable cocktail napkins from With Love + Ink (pictured)
The giveaway starts today on Instagram so head to my feed to enter!
3. A party….in REAL LIFE!!!
I’m partnering up with my Friends Who Fete gals, Meg from This Mess Is Ours, and Aida from Salt + Wind to host not one, but two Cinco de Mayo dinner parties + Margarita Tastings in Los Angeles. The dinners will be May 3 and 4. Unfortunately the dinner on May 4 is already sold out but there are still tickets available for the May 3 dinner in Downtown LA and I’m giving my readers 10% off the tickets so grab yours before they are all gone.
Now, about that Spicy Raspberry Jalapeño Margarita
All I can say is, your wish is my command.
I took a very formal survey (ie asked you guys on Instagram), what is everyone’s favorite margarita and I heard loud and clear—Spicy! Spicy! Spicy!!
And this is such a delicious spicy margarita with a fruity raspberry syrup made with the freshest, plump Driscoll raspberries, jalapeño-infused tequila, and lots of fresh-squeezed lime juice for balance. It is super refreshing when it’s terribly hot, can easily be sized up to make a pitcher, and is the prettiest color of pink I ever did see.
And if that’s not spicy enough for you, rim the glass with Spanish Tin’s Spicy Cocktail Salt for extra kick.
It is the margarita that needs to be made right now—at the height of raspberry season, just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
Enjoy the week friends!!Print
Spicy Raspberry Jalapeño Margarita
This Spicy Raspberry Jalapeño Margarita made in honor of #MargaritaWeek is a fruity, fiery blend of sweet raspberries, fresh jalapeños, tequila, and lime juice that can easily be made into a boozy, big-batch cocktail for Cinco de Mayo or any celebration.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1-6 drinks 1x
For the Jalapeño-Infused Tequila:
- 1 cup Reposado Tequila
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
For the Raspberry Syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raspberries, preferably fresh but frozen work too
To Make 1 Margarita:
- Lime wedges
- Spicy Cocktail Salt or kosher salt
- 2 ounces jalapeño-infused tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice (about 2 limes, squeezed)
- 2 ounces Raspberry Syrup
To Make the Jalapeño-Infused Tequila:
- Add sliced jalapeños to the tequila and let infuse at room temperature for at least 3 hours. The longer it sits the spicier it will be.
To Make the Syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir to dissolve. Add raspberries and place over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until raspberries are falling apart, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain and chill completely. You can save leftover raspberry pulp and eat like jam.
To Make the Margarita:
- Rim a cocktail glass with lime wedge. Dip in cocktail salt and fill with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with more ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and syrup. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into the prepared glass and serve with another lime wedge if you’d like. ¡Salúd!
This recipe makes enough syrup for 6-8 drinks. If you’d like to make a pitcher of margaritas instead of just 1, multiply all the ingredients by 8.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
How do you plan on celebrating Cinco de Mayo? What’s your favorite margarita story?
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Want to be the first to know get exclusive ¡Hola! Jalapeño content? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter.
Loving the blog? If you try a recipe I encourage you to use the hashtag #HOLAJALAPENO to show us what your making. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to see not only all of my latest recipes, cooking tips, and tricks but everyone else that’s making our Latin-inspired recipes too! You might even meet a new cooking buddy.
This week, use the hashtag #MARGARITAWEEK whenever you post an image of a margarita! I’ll share my favorite ones to celebrate!