I took it upon myself to either, verify, once and for all, that like The Backstreet Boys and Hot Pockets, Agua de Tamarindo should remain a thing of the 90’s or see if it lives up to it’s evergreen status and Wow! I like tamarind ague fresca but this shitz no Backstreet Boys.
- 4 ounces (about 2/3 cup) tamarind pulp
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 5 large oranges)
- Combine tamarind, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes breaking up the tamarind with the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let steep for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Strain into a pitcher, pressing on the solids to remove all the liquid. Stir in the orange juice and serve over ice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 1g