This simple and versatile slaw makes an appearance on our table quite frequently. We pile it in tacos and on top of tostadas and serve it alongside everything from black bean cakes to grilled pork chops.
A light and crunchy slaw with lots of fresh-squeezed lime juice, cilantro, and crunchy cabbage and carrots. Dairy and gluten free!
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned or grated
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cumin in a medium bowl and whisk to dissolve salt in mixture. While continuously whisking slowly drizzle in oil until fully incorporated. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.